One of the main things that has been updated in 1.6.5 is the script now has a simple cache system, that saves the script from making the same dynamically created web page for each request. Making the script over all alot more server resource friendly.
Some of the items that have been updated or added to this release are listed below:
New Configuration Options
- Ad layout around the site has been updated.
- ImageWidget on the home and thumb page then loads using ajax make the pages usable faster.
- Themes and Admin css updated.
- Auto backup removal (only keeps the 5 newest backups.
- Backend code update.
There are 3 new option you can config in 1.6.5, all can be edited in the config.php file found in the inc folder.
Updating instructions :
BEFORE UPDATING BACKUP YOUR UPLOAD AND INC FOLDERS!!!!
- The length of the image id (you only need to edit if you are going to have more the 1,679,616 images hosted)
$IMG_ID_LENGTH = 4;
- The maximum number of images allowed to be uploaded at one time using the admin bulk uploader
$bulk_upload_max = 25;
- If the loading of your admin dashboard is taking too long to load, you can now switch to a basic dashboard view. It will only show you basic information, but it will load upt faster. To switch to basic view open up.
$ADMIN_DASHBOARD_FULL = turn;
Updating can be done in one of two ways.
- You can just copy all files from the zip file over the top of the old ones on our server. ( this is not the best way as some of the old files may have been renamed or removed from this update and they would be left on your server)
- Remove all files and folders other then the UPLOAD & INC FOLDERS from your server, then upload the new files from the zip to your server.
Then just navigate to your site were the installer/updater script should run to check the file structure and
setup any new settings.
UPDATE BUG FIX!!
To fix the image upload blank page bug some users have reported, reupload the script, but first set your ftp program to upload using binary transfer not ascii and that should fix the bug for you.
Install instructions :
Unzip all the files and upload them to your site , then navigate to your site were the installer script should run to check the file structure and setup the basic settings. If you encounter an error it will most likely be an error related to the script not being able to right a file or to a folder just follow the instructions to set permissions on the file or folder affected.
After the installer is done you will need to delete the install folder from your server, then you can navigate to the admin page (http://www.YourSite.com/admin.php)
and and use the username and password below (if updating use your login info), Once loged in you can navigate to the settings page and edit settings to your liking.
DO NOT POST ANY ERRORS/BUGS IN THIS THREAD. THEY WILL BE DELTED